The start of the New Year brings an exciting slate of new opportunities to engage with surveying and geospatial professionals in Position Magazine and Spatial Source, the definitive publications of the geospatial industry.
That’s why the updated Position and Spatial Source Media Kit maps out 2017’s most exciting advancements in the sector, and professionals involved in the sector are invited to get involved. On page 3 is our 2017 feature calendar, which maps out the areas of interest for 2017. Below is a snapshot of what’s ahead this year:
ISSUE 88 – April/May 2017 – The Locate17 and Digital Earth Symposium super-issue
- Best leveraging location – spatially-empowered government and services
- The digital Surveyor General – insights on the changing role of surveyors
- Drones/RPAS/UAV – surveying’s new fact or another passing fad?
- Digital Earth – big geo-data to rescue the world and resolve industry issues
Extra distribution: Locate17 & ISDE10, Sydney 3–6 April
ISSUE 89 – June/July 2017
- Augmented and virtual reality – bringing realism to location data
- Agriculture to feed the world – intelligent, autonomous and reliable
- Out in the field – spatially empowering multi-disciplined teams
ISSUE 90 – August/September 2017
- Digital transformation – geo-enabling organisations large and small
- Data takes off – surveying, intelligence and logistics hit the skies
- Future transport – clearing the roads for driverless technologies
Extra distribution: Home Delivery Asia Pacific 2017
ISSUE 91 – October/November 2017
- Resources & mining – rock solid geo-innovations
- 3D modelling & BIM – the new dimension in infrastructure
- Intelligent planning and infrastructure – realising 30 minute cities, BIM and IoT
ISSUE 92 – December 2017/January 2018
- Computer vision and machine learning – towards true autonomy
- Positioning indoors & out – supporting a growing list of navigational needs
- Spatial goes mainstream – gaming, crowdsourcing and webmaps
Special Annual Directory EditionIf you are interested in any of these areas, please contact Jon Tkach, email@example.com or check the 2017 Media Kit for deadlines.
Position is the only magazine for surveying, spatial sciences, GIS and mapping professionals to be circulated across Australia and New Zealand and is the official publication of SSSI.
An impressive online following has been growing for sister publication SpatialSource, the online partner of Position and THE online resource for all spatial news.