The NSW Spatial Excellence Awards recognise outstanding achievements in the field of spatial technologies and applications, and offer a chance to represent Australian ingenuity at the Asia Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards.
The NSW Spatial Excellence Awards are driven by the following key principles:
- Celebrate excellence in our Community
- Encourage activities that create a stronger, larger and more relevant Industry
- Embrace the achievements of the Industry and the related industries and professions
- See the industry as a whole grow and mature through its achievements in various categories
If you, your company, or someone you know deserves recognition in any of the below categories, you can nominate them here.
Categories for the awards include:
- Award for Spatial Enablement – recognises products or projects where the application of spatial information, methodology and/or tools has greatly improved the outcomes of a project, process or product.
- Award for Innovation and Commercialisation – recognises products or projects that made a significant contribution to the industry through the introduction of a new idea, method, technology, process or application resulting in social, environmental and/or economic benefits.
- Award for Technical Excellence – recognises products or projects that implemented spatial solutions to an exceptionally high technical standard, overcoming significant technical challenges, and delivering outstanding results for the client. In contrast with the Innovation Award, this category focuses on excellence in applying existing technology and methodologies.
- Award for People and Community – recognises products or projects that make a difference to national, regional or local issues and affect communities via ‘grass roots ’ initiatives, and/or educational programs, services or tools that permit the widespread adoption, use, understanding and access to spatially enabled products or services.
- Award for Environment and Sustainability – recognises products and projects that help to resolve scarce water resources, water property rights, biota rights, salinity management or any issue in an environmental context.
- Award for Export – recognises products or projects that successfully and commercially apply specific spatial knowledge, products, and/or IP in an export market.
Nominations are open now, and available at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WC2ZD8P.
Nominations close Monday the 12th of August.